2017-09-26 Day 163 tue

Neither of us slept very well and I had a headache. John got me some nurophin at 4:30am, I also felt a little queasy when I turned over. However when I got up at 6am all good.

Tried to drive up the old road above the tunnel but the road got a bit narrow from rock falls. Started to snow a little and the road became impassable so turned back and went through tunnel. Popped  out the other side of tunnel to more snow flakes and poor visibility.

Long switchbacks with a car over the edge. Flat valley floor with yellow  grass lots of cattle.

Park gate in the middle of park - cost us s/30 - no receipt - hmmm?

After shopping in Huaraz we drove through a lovely high (400m alt) open valley with mountains covered in cloud.

We descended about 4500m in 3hrs - about two Koscuiscos!
We finally found a small road to get down to the river and camped in the river bed. A family were by the river so I went over the mum and dad were in the water finding yabbies under rocks.