2018-11-08 Day 58 Thu



We stayed in camp using the internet. A car with 2 fisherman in stop beside us and had a chat about our travels, then went up the bank to the water reservoir. We finished up with the internet and drove out. So as not to double back we drove through the “suburbs”. Road was very bad so took us a while. Lots of houses had pretty flash fences often flasher than the house.

On the by pass rd for Kaluch we filled with fuel for the first time in Ukraine, interesting process. The pump attendant handed me a chit and signed me to take it inside with the pump number. I handed the chit to the checkout lady and told her pump #1. She asked if we were filling it I replied yes. Went back outside and the diesel was now flowing. When the guy had filled the tank I went back in and paid by credit card. The lady then handed me back the chit which I returned to the pump attendant. All good. We moved out the back and topped up the back tires to 45psi. We should be on slightly better roads now, fingers crossed.
On the outskirt of a largish town, Ivano-Frankivsk we stopped at a convenient store to do a small shop. Not much in the way of fresh vegies but did get milk, cheese, eggs and some grapes. And at another counter a bottle of Red. Visa card worked.
We turned off beside a bridge on a white road for lunch, parking in the river bed. Next over the bridge and bumped up the white road through the middle of a Nature Reserve. A big group of para-gliders were catching thermals over the river and cliffs. At Buchach we were back on Orange and made better time.
I chose a spot to camp near a dam off a yellow road close to Terebovlia. A camp straight up which has been rare lately. As we bumped down the track to the dam I notice little animals scurrying off the track my first thoughts were of Cuey. But wrong country. On our walk to the dam wall we realized that they were water rats not guinea pigs. Lovely little spot but lots of rubbish. A couple of guys fishing off the banks but hadn’t caught anything.
I was not feeling great so had an early night


174km Camp site