2019-04-19 Day 204 Fri



Rose early and showered then a very fast trip into the Iranian consulate. Parked in a off road car park quoted 50TL which was a bit steep but anyway the vehicle was safe. Not very busy two people in front. I realized I had not picked up the Passport photos so John got to walk back to the vehicle. My turn the first question was what nationality? Then, was that your vehicle out there yesterday? And how did we get it here? So told him our story and where we had been and where we were headed. 
 
Next I had to go pay 200€ to the bank which cost me 21tl for the privilege. Back to Consulate. I was then told it’d be 5 days - I just said I hadn’t expected to take so long he made a phone call and said we could pick it up Tuesday then his co worker reminded him that Tuesday was a public holiday. So Wednesday at least better than Friday.
We walked back to the vehicle and stopped on a corner for morning tea. I very flash place nice pastries and bread, with the proprietor speaking English. We bought sour dough an olive ciabatta and a drink and pastry/muffin. We sat and updated our electronic devices on WiFi then arrived back at EC. I paid 30TL which was good and then we left for south east.
A big shopping-center which we’d passed a number of times ate up a few more hours food shopping then a late lunch.
On the road to a lake about 100km’s away arrived about 4pm and camped overlooking the lake.
One car went passed while we were having dinner.
Could still hear the Call to Prayer.

141km