2019-07-17 Day 293 Wed


A gorgeous morning on the lake, calm with sunshine and a few fisherman out in boats and the sand. Very inviting for a swim but we did not go in.




We tried to do internet stuff but the signal was not strong enough.
I blew out the radiator with compressed air but could only do short bursts as needed the engine on for air but off so I could get between the fan blades… So lots of engine starts. Very dirty and should have some more cleaning. Just hope it helps with the overheating of the engine.

 

Stopped by the lake for a quick lunch and watched some locals swim then on again to Karakole.


Finally saw some of these service ramps in use.

Coming up to road works I saw the 40km/hr sign and not the 20 so the cop pulled me over. 
 
First he told me it was 5500com (AU$110). I said OK, and he then showed me a list of prices and for between 40km and 60km that was the price. He said I could pay 3000 I said no I’ll pay the lot with a receipt then it was 1000 then back to the car and the boss who showed me same paper but the 20km to 40km at 3000 I said OK he had another look at my passport said “tourist” and let me go…..

Into Karakole and a supermarket where we managed to spend half of our local currency. John found a 3 lt box of Chilean wine for 1000 (AU$20).

Around the top of the lake and down onto a peninsular that was 20km’s long. Found a lovely camp just on the edge of the lake. A lot of people were driving out from their day at the beach. The road in places was very rough but well worth it. The wind was blowing and the small waves were crashing on the beach. Quite a noisy camp.

139km Camp site  1602m alt.