2019-07-24 Day 300 Wed

A motor bike went past and back but did not stop to talk.
They seem to respect privacy here.








Off onto a yellow road from Ayagoz heading east to lake Zaysan. The land is opening up into large golden areas.

The road is better than the main one. Numerous graveyards blot the landscape with their huge "buildings", back dropped by the frequent storms patrolling the horizon.










A fox crossed the road in front of us with an amazing tail…
The road was sometimes a bit rough and yet at others a really good dirt road.
Graves could be clustered together  with no fences or in a fenced grave yard.











At the crossroads at Boghas, google satellite showed a track into the lake. John did mention that it gets a bit faint in the middle.
Well I drove in on the muddy track just after a shower… It was all good but in the back of my mind I remembered the salt flats in South Australia….
We followed one set of recent tracks but stopped when they turned around and we were confronted with 2m high reeds. John walked in a little and it was all hard. So with trepidation I followed into the reeds. John climbed onto the bullbar and I drove some more, but the reeds joined ranks and grew taller. I called it quits and we turned around and drove out. 
 
In the clearing among the wild flowers we made camp. The mozzies were humming outside the netting trying to enter. When I opened the screen to close the window a cloud of angry mozzies entered. It took me a while to track them all down to squash them. 
 
Then of course the other windows. This time the fly spray came to hand and I blasted most as they entered. Next time I’ll spray before I open the fly screen. 
 
The mozzie don’t seem to bite much.




My genocide of the mozzies must have been sufficient as we slept without the annoyance of a mozzie dive bombing in the night.

 304km  Campsite  390m alt.