2018-12-04 Day 84 Tue

I wrote a little of my story and then we headed of to the fort in the town of Kyustendil, where Elena's partner Micheal was born.  A very foggy day with visibility progressively less during the day.


We found the fort which surprisingly is not listed on Open Street Maps. Had a wander around in the mist. The fort wall has been partially reconstructed with the help of EU. The towers were all locked but from the ground it was still impressive.

In the main town we parked and found a place for lunch. A good meal with coffee.
 
I drove while John managed to find us a back road (white) to shortcut to the border crossing into Serbia. The road was paved and progressively got less wide. I was starting to get a bit concerned but a log tuck came the other way so obviously for a while at least all should be good. He stopped for me where a driveway was so I was able to get of the road easily.
 
Dusk is later now and it was about 5pm when we pulled on to a farmers muddy road. I let john drive down it (sliding a little) and across the river breaking a huge sheet of ice. It is forecast for a little rain but everything is already wet and muddy from the melting snow.

144km