2020-03-01 Day 476 Sun


3 years since Dad passed away therefore tomorrow will be 3 years since I left Mt Moyhu for this driving trip.

I updated the App for Bgtoll and yes there is now the opportunity to buy a toll. I managed to get a route from a nearby town (to the village of Elena’s) but not the route I wanted. It was only 3bg so decided to b

3 years since Dad passed away therefor tomorrow will be 3 years since I left Mt Moyhu for this driving trip.

I updated the App for Bgtoll and yes there is now the opportunity to buy a toll. I managed to get a route from a nearby town to the village of Elena’s but not the route I wanted but it was only 3bg so decided to buy but just gave me an error..  30mins later I still had not succeeded so gave up.



A beautiful day. We stayed in our park while cars came and went. A group of three parked beside us and they were off for a day of skiing with skins to walk up hills and ski down. Had quite a chat to them they all spoke good English. They gave us a wrist band of red and white for 1st of May, Spring, it promotes good health. When you see your first stork you are supposed to tie on a tree then the tree has the good health.

We had a small lunch then headed down to the hot springs in the town of Saparieva Bania. We parked in a car park which cost 5 leva for the day about AU$3. Elena and Mike soon joined us. 

We walked to the hot springs and Elena paid for us all. We changed and stored our bags in the lockers. The key went around our wrist. Some of the pools were too hot for me, others really nice. I did get into the cold one once but did not enjoy. Mike & Elena were in hot and cold repeatedly.

After the exhaustion of the heat then a shower we made our way to a restaurant and had a very big dinner. My cheese dish was very nice, but very salty. A lovely evening for Elena’s 31st birthday.

We followed them the 50km back to their house. We had travelled this road back in December 2018.





It had snowed on Friday so there was a little left around in patches. Not the amount we had last time.

With EC tucked nicely into their small yard we climbed into their car and went into the local village to the bonfire and dancing. A small crowd but nice warm fire. A few people were dancing traditional dances around the fire.











We arrived late so the fire was small and most people had already left.









Back at home we went inside and chatted. We tried to buy a toll but the system would not work for us. Worn out, we retired early to a very cold bed.

59km  Camp site  1135m alt.